Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Sad New Year

On New Years morning I was woke up to mom calling saying my Grandpa George had passed away. He was sick and we knew it was coming but that moment was so life changing for our family. Memories suddenly filled my head and I felt grateful to have had this man as my grandpa. He was the only Grandpa I've ever known, I will truly miss him and his jokes. I love you Grandpa George!

I thought this picture was cute. It was taken only a few months ago. Even though he was sick he still smiled. Presley loved him and he loved her!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure he was a great grandpa.

Stephanie said...

Im sorry Andrea. At least you know that he will be watching over you from a better place

Anngie said...

Im so sorry for your loss...I read his obituary and he seemed to be a good and faithful man, what a wonderful example he must of been to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I was so heart sick for you and your family. It's SO hard to loose a grandparent, but even harder when you grow up so close to them and see them so much! I had a sick little girl & couldn't make it to the funeral. I always liked him coming over to check on me when I lived in Jack & Irene's home, or when your Gma was getting her hair done. He was so funny:) I hope it all went well--you've been in my prayers!!
Love, Kari

Dustin AND Chelsie said...

Hey! I'm so sorry about your gramps! I tryed to call you but I'm sure things have been crazy! Call me when you get a few min. to chat. Annie told me she saw you at the baby dr. and you heard the heart beat!!! Yea! Thats so good!Love ya!