Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We have a Heartbeat!

Last Thursday Nick and I went to my 12 week appointment and got to hear our little baby's heartbeat! I was so nervous and anxious to be able to hear it. But Dr Langeland didn't even have to search for it. Right when he turned on the dopplar, there it was! Nick quickly asked if there was only one because I had been having dreams that there were 2! There is only one and the  rate is 163 (Pres was 161). Now, I know the whole heartbeat/ gender thing is an old wives tale but I totally have been feeling like we're having another girl. Maybe because I am surrounded by Princess high heels, bows, bracelets, and little girl drama all day long. Nick, however feels like this one is his boy. Whatever it is we are so blessed to be parents again, and to know that our baby has a beating heart and is getting bigger everyday! Any guesses on gender?  

14 comments:

♥Hillary and Matt Ramone♥ said...

I'm betting it's gonna be a girl! Either way though i'm excited to be an aunt again!! YAY!!

Tiffany said...

I'm hoping for a boy, cause that is how it is going around here in the ward. Marti, Shannon and I all with boys, jump on the bandwagon....I guess its really not up to you and it's already made up what it's going to be. A boy would be fun cause all 4 of our boys would be in the same class, but then my little boy could take your little girl out on dates...=) LOL. If you have a girl then you won't have to go out and get hardly anything new. It sure saves money that way. Either way, you will be great parents!! Are you finding out what it is??

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chambrae said...

Since our babies will be REALLY close in age, and Chad really wants a boy I'll hoope for a boy for you too! Besides it is really fun to have one of each. Hope you are doing well. Congrats!

Stephanie said...

YEAH!!! waiting to hear that first heartbeat is the worst. Im glad that it was there and strong. Im going to guess girl!!!

Marti Hawker said...

Okay, if its a girl you know my boys have dibs right? Sorry Tif!:) I think you are going to have a boy though. For some reason I keep thinking you already know its a boy. Maybe it's because everyone else is.

joshuafawson said...

I don't think the gender heart beat thing is a myth! My Dr. swears by it! He even said he kept a log for year, and got 85% of them right guessing off the heart beat. My girls were both in the girl range!

Heather said...

Yeah! I am glad everything is going so GREAT! You already have such a sassy adorable girl, it would be fun to see what a handsome BOY you could have! I am hoping BOY!

hmburton said...

Congrats!!! Whatever the sex, "it" will surely be a beautiful baby!! :) Random thought... If it's a girl, will the name still be Reese!?!?

4girlsand2boys said...

Look on the chinese gender chart-it's always been right for us!!! Congratulations!! I love to hear heartbeats, could be that I'm surrounded by them at work all the time.

Anngie said...

I love that first heart beat apptointment:) Well Im going guess that you are having another cute lil girl!

hmburton said...

I remember the most random things sometimes! But I think it's a way cute name! I hopefully will be able to check my blog once in a while when I am on my mission! I am excited to see the outcome! :)

Janica Petersen said...

That is so AWESOME! It is the best hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It just makes it so real! You guys are great parents and will continue to be!! Congrats!!

Kamie said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!